1. Paper-purging: I had the urge to clean up my study desk (well, the top area, to be specific). I was finally able to throw up all the paper that was accumulating on my papers-and-other-stuff-storage-thingy. Everything from bank statements, old brochures, receipts, old magazines and more that have been bursting from every space has now been sent back to its creator (to be decomposed by Mother Earth, hopefully). I still have loads of old textbooks, notes and handouts stashed under my desk (and even my bed), but that will be saved up for another day dedicated entirely to a major spring-cleaning.
2. Mumford and Sons: Great concert. I went to see it with the boyfriend last Friday. We sat at the top most area of the arena because we decided to get the tickets rather late (we were seated on the second to the last row from the very top!). It was a sort of out-of-body experience, because it was the first time I’ve attended a concert and I wasn’t jamming it out with the crowds in the mosh pit area. It was good though because they had these lights hanging from the stage towards the ceiling, and it was such a pretty neat sight which I’m sure I wouldn’t have appreciated had I been with the crowd. Although the thousands and thousands of people packed below started looking like couscous when the stage lights turned a yellowish-green.
3. INDIA: Only roughly a month to go before we fly to INDIAAAA!!! (Sorry, I’m really excited.) I’ve been reading up a bit on some tips and advice for first time travellers, and although there are SO MUCH things to be wary of, I believe it’s going to be a really culturally-rich, shocking, fun and memorable experience! I can’t wait to see the Taj Mahal! I want to ride an elephant! I want to go shopping in the bazaars. And I want to eat curry! All this is possible because my boyfriend’s sister is getting married there, and being the awesome family that they are, they’ve invited me to come along. I CANNOT WAIT!!! The fact that I get to attend and witness an Indian wedding is also like a “cultural bonus”. Experience, experience, experience!!!
4. Forms, forms, future: Of course, I still need to accomplish all the other application forms for postgrad next year (2 down, 4 to go). The stressful thing is that, I’m not even sure yet what I’m going to do in the future. I mean, sure, I’m doing psychology, but what will my career be? Will I go and become a researcher and work in a university, or do I do clinicals and possibly work in a hospital or have my own practice? Right now, I can imagine myself doing both. If you happen to have any advice for me, please don’t hesitate to comment below!
5. My own place: I’ve been having this urge to re-decorate my room, interior-decorating- TV show- style. I think I’m catching my mom’s “nesting” phase because ever since we’ve bought a new leather couch, our living room has had a full-on make-over (and it looks so homey and awesome!). In fact, even our bathroom has seen some upgrade (I didn’t even imagine that our bathroom can look prettier, but it does now!). I want to live in a flat. I want to decorate my own space. And I want money! Haha, like the rest of us, I’m sure!
Right. I must focus. There are so many things to focus on though. *deep breath* Let’s do this!